A leading financial institution is looking for the expert skills of an experienced Senior support analyst to join their high performing team on a permanent basis. The Senior Technical Support Analyst in the Governance and Regulatory Asset will support various technologies relating to Markets monitoring, surveillance and regulatory reporting (relating to trades) to ensure that they are operationally sound and hardened for a Production environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Investigate issues as and when they occur, participate in root cause analysis, and suggest and implement resolutions in a timely manner to prevent future occurrences of similar issues through incident and problem management best practices.
- Complete the necessary documentation to track and close support tickets and be on top of status updates to business users and management
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities i.e. event monitoring and alerting, automate the manual activities whenever possible, etc.
- Collaborate with business partners, third party vendors, and technology groups to facilitate the support process and work toward issue resolution.
- Work closely with project teams, provide the suggestion, support and assist with software releases and roll-outs in production environment, as needed, according to Change Management best practices.
- Escalate of requests / incidents to the Production Support Manager as appropriate.
- Participate in the on-call production support duty rotation after hours and at weekends
- Development background with 5 or more years of experience
- In-depth experience and understanding of JAVA, C# & .NET
- Strong understanding of multiple OS environments (Linux, Windows)
- Strong understanding and experience of DB environments and queries (Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, SQL Server).
- Strong problem solving skills and experienced in providing support in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with shell scripting, network and middleware
- Ability to automate any manual tasks
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to work for a market leading financial institution in the Melbourne CBD on a permanent basis as part of a new and growing team.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will on 8637 7304 for more info