A global digital agency based in Melbourne are looking for a Senior UI/Product Designer to champion user-centred design. This is the chance to be a brand custodian for a major Australian household name.
The successful candidate will use their intellectual curiosity to set the highest standard of digital design usability and aesthetics. You will create ideas and oversee the direction of the experience and design outputs, ensuring that the visual style adheres to the brand, principles and ambition of the project.
You will possess not just exceptional art direction skills, but also the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking and confidently present design work to key stakeholders. You will participate in daily stand-ups and formal design critique sessions, mentoring more junior designers and leading by example.
You will join a collaborative, nurturing environment where there is scope for career progression. This company are also able to provide sponsorship for the right candidate.
- 8+ years in a dedicated digital design role (agency or client side)
- Able to demonstrate consistent high standard of work
- Strong leadership and mentoring qualities, taking a hands-on approach
- Experience delivering mobile, responsive and systematic designs
- Experience designing across various touchpoints (i.e. websites, apps, digital products and retail installations)
- Exceptional design aesthetics and extreme attention to detail
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience across the Adobe CS suite and Sketch
- Proficient in user-centred design methodologies and design thinking
- Previous retail and ecommerce experience highly desirable
- Experience working in agile environments and product teams
- Confident articulating ideas and forming rationalised points of view
- Great collaborator and team player