My client is the leading cloud platform provider for the hotel industry across the world. Founders have been quietly disrupting the multi-trillion-dollar travel industry by introducing a concept that would make tech accessible to every hotel in the world. 33,000 hotel customers later. My client is also the first Aussie-headquartered investment for Silicon Valley-based TCV, which has backed the likes of Facebook, Netflix and Spotify.
I am currently looking for an experienced Java Engineer for their Channel Manager team. In this role you will help them to both maintain systems in Java and migration to their new technology stack which is currently centered on Node.js in the backend and Vue.js in the frontend.You will be working within a prestigious team of developers with a strong technical background.
- Design and code high quality software that is simple, efficient and testable
- Keep up with best practices, latest technologies and programming languages / frameworks as needed
- Liaise and work with product, platform and delivery teams to collaborate in the delivery of high quality software solutions
- Ability to work on a user story from inception to production independently with a cross-functional mindset
- Have a desire to upskill regularly to enable self to be independent
- Skilled with Java, Kotlin, Spring, Kubernetes and Lambda or JVM technologies to help us build backend solutions; a polyglot mindset with a desire to learn and use different technologies
- AWS experience across one or more of the following EC2, Kinesis, SQS, ElastiCache, Lambda and S3
- Knowledge on how to structure, develop and maintain relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle
- Experienced with or want to learn key/value store databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and Redis
- Understand code testability, build pipelines, docker and CI/CD systems
- Demonstrable experience in TDD and testing automation with Backend office experience.
If this position stands out to you as something that is either a perfect or all-most a perfect fit for your experience and skill set, then hit the apply button on the right!! For a more confidential chat or more information call
Call Steve on 02 8047 4015 / 0481 202 402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org