Excellent opportunity for a Solution Architect to join a financial services organization on a long-term contract to lead and champion a data transformation program from inception to delivery - you will own it all the way through. We need someone who is confident working across all levels of the business in a consultative/collaborative style. We need a driver that can win hearts and minds but direct enough to ensure new tool-sets are taken up throughout the organization.
You will take more of a vendor-based approach to building the data function, instead of building your own bespoke Architecture. Due to the significant vendor cooperation, you must have significant experience working with external data management providers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide the necessary leadership, skill, and knowledge (both business and technical) to develop high quality solution architectures that meet business needs by making best use of available technology, design patterns, and industry best practices;
- Work closely with Investment Data project teams to design and implement solution architectures that support project objectives;
- Help facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products & services, as well as the design of standard software configurations;
- Implement security best practices for Investment Data technical solutions;
- Write and communicate solution architecture documents and models that clearly express and explain the above designs; and
- Participate in agile development processes to ensure alignment to solution architecture and to ensure that the architecture is promptly updated for real constraints and changes encountered during implementation.
The ideal candidate looks like:
- Significant experience as a solution architect designing and developing solutions within financial services, specialising in data service integration, data warehouse architecture and/or analytics;
- Must have significant experience working with external data management providers;
- Strong experience in data integration design and implementation, large scale solution architecture, ETL platforms and technologies;
- Strong experience in data modelling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modelling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- Good experience in offloading/loading data in RDBMS & HDFS.
- Good experience successfully designing and implementing solutions for projects using an Agile methodology.
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL databases, and MapR.
- Good experience in Spark/Pig/SQOOP/Kafka/Flume for extracting near real-time data & event messaging.
- Experience working with Cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience delivering against long-term, strategic technology roadmaps.
If feel like this is an opportunity you can prove to be a valuable asset then please click the apply button or simply give me a call on 03 8637 7370 or mail me on Geraint.email@example.com
Even if you feel you may not be up to scratch or even too senior then still get in contact for other opportunities.