You will have the tech savviness to just as easily manage an installation in a data center as help a trader automate a spreadsheet or assist in parsing a file to a database.
Although the role is based in the firm's Hong Kong office, primarily providing local support, you will also provide support for the London office and hand over any issues to the US staff after the Hong Kong day closes.
The successful candidate will spend the first few weeks training in the firm's New York office.
- Work closely with traders and IT staff across the globe to provide a high level of support to those desks using either 3rd party or in-house trading software.
- Coordinate with trading platform vendors, exchanges, clearing firms and market data vendors to provide a quick resolution to problems.
- Set up new trading sessions, servers, session IDs, PCs and Monitors, etc.
- 3+ years supporting a trading desk operation
- Prior experience supporting 3rd Party software vendors for electronic trading, i.e. Orc, Fidessa etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming in any of the following: C#, Python, Java
- Strong knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Proven ability to troubleshoot FIX Protocol issues
- Excellent command of English
- Some degree of networking knowledge a plus
- Proactive personality; ability to multi-task; team player
- Must be comfortable with working in a small office
Xpand your job search in the right direction by applying via the links provided. If you have any difficulties doing so, you may also call Philip on +852 3579 4656 or email to email@example.com