The client is a large financial organisation in Melbourne’s CBD. Their mature design department values HCD, innovation and customer research. The collaborative culture embraces new ideas and hard work while maintaining a good work / life balance. There are regular team-building events on and off-site.
About the Role:
Permanent Senior & Mid-weight positions available on a number of interesting projects. The User Interface Designer applies human centred design (HCD) thinking to ensure that customer interactions across digital solutions are simple, usable, on brand and efficient, and meet customer needs. You will take direction from UX and/or Senior UI Designers, and work closely with Developers and the Accessibility team, to ensure that consistent high quality solutions are built.
- Create best in class usable and accessible user interfaces for products, services, and features within a project or initiative.
- Support backlog grooming and other business requirement activities to shape products in a way that is the most desirable for customers
- Apply the global visual language to design while adhering to brand, legal and accessibility guidelines.
- Apply creative problem solving to new and existing products and features
- Evolve and consistently apply User Interface design standards, across all digital products and services
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the design process, design methodologies and principles
- Growing communication and design presentation skills and the ability to articulate design decisions to peers and stakeholders
- Experience working with requirements and recommending change that will improve digital products and services, where necessary
- Excellent interface design skills enabling the creation of quality artefacts such as task and user flows, wireframes and high fidelity creative
- Experience in agile environments, using relevant practices and principles
- Skilled in design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Engaging with Developers and Accessibility experts to iterate on design solutions as needed
- Join a mature practice of over 100 designers
- Work with some of Melbourne’s best design talent
- Flexible, supportive working environment
- Collaborative team
- Good work / life balance
- Regular team building events
- Ongoing training and support
How to Apply
Click ‘apply now’ or email your resume and portfolio to Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org