My client, a leading Tier 1 US Investment Bank, is currently adding experienced Cloud Systems Engineers to their HK Team. You will be part of a global team that develops and manages the Linux & Windows computing platform.
You will work closely with application developers & strategists to architect and deploy technology solutions. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
- Support specific business units' needs and maintain core infrastructure systems
- Application and service troubleshooting, system configuration, host provisioning, performance testing and tuning, and hardware evaluation
- Write code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services
- Explore new technologies (Docker, Mesos, Salt etc.) understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the platform
- Bachelor's Degree (ideally higher) in a Science or Engineering programme
- Excellent Linux system administration skills, with exposure to large-scale server deployments
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with low-latency/high-performance environments and high-availability systems
- Experience with internet/perimeter computing environments will be beneficial
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with high-level interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written