My client, a leading Tier 1 US Investment Bank, is currently adding experienced Windows Systems Engineers to their HK Team. You will be responsible for for the desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenServer, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms.
- The candidate will design, engineer and support large enterprise virtual desktop environments with an initial focus on Windows building engineering and automation.
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
- Engineer and maintain automated Windows builds to support desktop, virtualised and cloud environments
- Execute performance testing of new desktop and server builds on various virtual and physical platforms
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
- Involvement in full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, testing, release, support
- Evaluate and test commercial solutions to help drive "Buy vs. Build" decisions
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-7 years of professional experience with Windows operating systems and platform engineering ideally from within a Financial Services organisation
- Experienced in SCCM and Windows builds, extensive Powershell scripting, (or VBS, SQL, Windows Batch) experience and build performance testing, and security patching
- Experience with large scale Windows systems management and patch management technologies and support
- Experience with designing scalable and secure infrastructure solution involving DMZ Environment
- Experience on various enterprise products: Windows Server, VDI (Citrix, View, RDS), Virtualisation (Hyper V, vSphere), System Center (SCCM, SCOM), OS Deployment, Group Policy, WSUS
- Experience with public Cloud environments would be highly advantageous (AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent)
- Also beneficial will be experience with C#, .NET and or Java Programming