- Sydney CBD
- Join a team of brilliant Systems Engineers
- Market Leading Salary
One of the most successful privately held global financial institution is expanding its Sydney operations. The teams technology engineers are empowered to build, maintain and support real time, trading and back office systems that are fundamental to the success and competitiveness of the business.
An opportunity exists for a Windows Engineer to join the team in Sydney. This role has regional reach and responsibility for both trading and office technology across Asia Pacific.
- Management of the Windows and Virtual server environment, including build and deployment, monitoring and support
- Interact directly with the business units to improve trading applications and backend systems
- Ensure Solutions are effective, fast and have a very low chance of failure.
- Perform proactive preventative measures (create solutions before issues occur)
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to provide business support and solutions
- Form strategic plans for infrastructure relating to Microsoft solutions
- Hands on work in a challenging environment regardless of whether the task is creating a script, customising a build template, fixing a bottleneck, or researching a new project
- Management of capacity and growth of systems and services
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline
- Extensive engineering experience specialising on Windows and Virtual environments
- Solid understanding of Windows, Virtual technology and server hardware
- Understanding of storage and networking concepts
- Experience VMware vSphere and Citrix Virtual Apps (XenApp)
- Experience with Microsoft tech; Windows, Active Directory, Group Policies, O365 etc
- Experience with PowerShell, configuration management and automation tools
- Great problem solving ability and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic
- Willingness to conduct on the odd occasion some after hours or on call work i.e during product releases.
This role will suit someone who sees themselves as an expert with windows and virtualised systems, with multiple years of experience. Ideally you will have experience with trading platforms however that is not required.
How to Apply
If you have current rights to work in Australia and interested Call Heath on 02 8047 4032 to find out more information. Alternatively if you know this role is for you click Apply Now!